Biography of Katharina Martinka
Katharina Martinka, Attorney at LawI am an outsourced, interim and project General Counsel with 25 years of litigation and transactional experience in Intellectual Property, Corporate Compliance, Business, and Real Estate law. I counsel Boards, CEOs, CFOs and Business leaders of publicly and privately held companies, throughout their business life cycles.
I have also built a niche practice in representing executives who are onboarding or exiting their current companies.
I thrive in a private practice environment and possess a ceaseless drive to make things happen, a willingness to make decisions and the ability to build trusting and lasting relationships.
I am an active member of both the California and Arizona Bar Associations.
Past Employment includes:
- Project counsel - Western Digital Corporation
($13 billion NASDAQ-listed leading provider of data storage solutions)
- Outsourced, interim General Counsel - SaveMart Supermarkets ($4 billion grocery store chain)
- Part-time in-house counsel to developers, manufacturers, distributors and service companies, ranging from $70M to $13B in annual revenue, on an interim and project basis
- V.P., General Counsel and Secretary - FileNet Corporation ($550 million NASDAQ-listed multinational content management software provider)
- V.P., General Counsel and Secretary - Accelrys, Inc.
($80 million NASDAQ-listed scientific software provider)
- In-house counsel to Aprisma Technologies, Inc., formerly a division of Cabletron Systems, Inc. ($200 million network management software provider)
- Employment law counsel to Executives and Management
- Turnaround specialist, including debt restructuring for $240 million multi-media game manufacturer; privately owned roofing supply distributor, construction company, hair care product manufacturer
- Santa Clara University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Michigan, B.A., with Honors of Highest Distinction
Current Bar Admissions and Memberships:
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of Arizona
- Santa Clara County Bar Association, High Technology Section
Publications and Public Speaking:
- Common Issues in the Software Industry, Winning Legal Strategies for Software Companies
- Special Report: How Part-Time, In-House Counsel Can Save You Money
- 5 Things You and Your Company Can Do To Protect Your Intellectual Property
- 5 Biggest Mistakes Hiring Managers Make
- Executive Onboarding, Impact of SOX on Human Resources
Copyright ©2018 The Law Offices of Katharina Martinka - Website by Dombrow-Thompson Studio LLC